Liquid Waste Haulers

Many hauled or trucked liquid wastes are concentrated and could negatively impact the treatment plant or cause pass through if discharged directly into MRWPCA’s headwords intake. Therefore the Agency has a liquid waste receiving facility where loads are accepted under strict requirements (pH, toxicity, etc.). Discharged liquid wastes are slowly bled by batches into the influent waste stream so as not to cause treatment works upset.

MRWPCA accepts liquid waste from permitted haulers. Accepted sources include: chemical toilets; septage; restaurant grease; biocell (oily waste); certain special wastes (storm drain pump outs; corn starch dye; wine waste; vegetable waste: artichoke and grape pulp); and salt brine solutions. Submission of a completed load manifest is required prior to discharge of any load.

Important hauler information (PDFs):

  1. Discharge Permit Application Process (letter)
  2. Hauler Discharge Permit Form
  3. Liquid Waste Hauler Information Sheet
  4. Accepted Chemical Toilet Deodorant List
  5. Information Bulletin
  6. MRWPCA Ordinance No. 2015-01
  7. MRWPCA Ordinance No. 2008-01
  8. Hauling Manifest Example

Liquid Waste Receiving Hours(effective November 4, 2013)

Monday through Friday 7:00am – 4:00pm Normal Hours
  4:00pm – 10:00pm Special Arrangement
  10:00pm – 7:00am Prior Authorization or Emergency*
Saturday 8:00am – 4:00pm
Normal Hours
  4:00pm – 8:00am Prior Authorization or Emergency*
Sunday Closed Prior Authorization or Emergency*

* For emergency incidents we request that you call the Regional Wastewater Treatment Plant Control Room at (831) 883-6166 as soon as possible and explain the circumstances and the need to dispose during these "other" hours.


Chemical Toilets and Septic Tanks: $0.04 per gallon discharged
Oily Wastes, Grease, and Special Loads: $0.11 per gallon discharged
Permit Fee $100.00 billed annually
Binder (Deposit) Fee:   $1,000 due at opening of account (refundable upon closure of account)

* As of July 1, 2013

Insurance Requirements

Liquid Waste Hauler customers must provide evidence of the following:

  • Certificate of Automobile Insurance with coverage limits met.  Be sure to list MRWPCA as additional insured with your insurance company (P. O. Box 1790, Marina, CA  93933-1790)
  • Certificate of Workers Compensation Insurance
  • Certificate of General Liability Insurance with coverage limits met